Where is 4.9-STABLE?

Edmund Craske edmund at m00is.net
Sat Mar 6 09:53:43 PST 2004

What happened here is that the ports tree only has a HEAD
or . tag, and it was trying to get the RELENG_4 tagged
ports collection, which doesn't exist. Best if you use a
separate ports supfile.

Ed

http://www.freebsd.org/relnotes/4-STABLE/hardware/i386/x27.html#AEN33

P.S. I added "ports-all" to my supfile; the entire ports tree got deleted; but I did not get anything back! That was not cool. But I
grabbed the entire tar.gz from the FreeBSD website, and installed it manually again.

Everything seems fine again. Thanks again.

- Mark