segmentation fault - jdk4

Ricardo Britto netchaos at terra.com.br
Fri Mar 5 20:31:38 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm running 5.2.1 Release version of FreeBSD, gcc 3.3.3 and I'm
getting the same error when trying to compile JDK 1.4 from ports:

*any_file_that_changes.c or .h*: *number_that_changes*: compiler
error: segmentation fault

I've searched for information and people say that could be problems
with gcc or hardware (memory for eg.). I tried to install new version
of gcc (3.4.0) and still continues using the older (3.3.3), tried the
3.2 and the error continues.

About the hardware...everything seems to be fine.
Do you have any suggestions?
people through net didn't find any reasonable cause.

I appreciate your attention,

Best regards,

Ricardo