GUI-related questions.

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Fri Mar 5 18:24:55 PST 2004

On Friday 05 March 2004 07:40 pm, Gary Kline wrote:

> 	The err stated that I should pkg_delete 3.1.4 first; that
> 	KDE-3.2.0 was trying to install in the same place.
> 	A few hours ago I tried pkg_add to install this.  It found
> 	kde but not kde3.  Using mozilla I found there was no
> 	"Package" under KDE3.
>
> 	(I can see myself wasting dozens of hours playing around
> 	 with all these toys...  Got to watch it :)
>
> 	gary

In order to install KDE 3.2.0, you do indeed need to pkg_delete ALL (and
that's the key) ALL related KDE libs.

By typing
/usr/local/sbin/pkgdb -fuF && /usr/local/sbin/portversion -vL= > tmp
you will pump the results to the file tmp.
Read through that file and note ALL KDE libs. pkg_delete them all by hand,
then install KDE.

--
Best regards,
Chris