Reload of Mysql-server 4.0 on 5.2.1

Arnoud a.buurman at wxs.nl
Thu Mar 4 08:26:25 PST 2004

Hi,

Once again, my question, who should I bugger with this question?

I'm having quite a strange problem with mysql on 5.2.1 (releng_5_2)
mysql-server (40, latest cvs port) keeps on reloading when snort is
connecting.
When I put on logging, no query reached the engine before the reload. Well,
I put on tcpdump, and guess what I find. only 7 packets. Yes, 3 way
handshake en 4 way teardown. No data passes, and the server is the one
starting the teardown.
So I rebuilded mysql with debug, as per the mysql instructions and guess
what? problem no longer occurs. According to the mysql handbook "If mysqld
stops crashing when you compile it with --with-debug, you have probably
found a compiler bug or a timing bug within MySQL"
Any guess how to tackle this?
Ofcourse running with a debuging mysql is not a good way forward.

Sincerly, Arnoud Buurman