disk geometry issues during sysinstall of 5.2.1

Robert Storey y2kbug at ms25.hinet.net
Wed Mar 3 16:44:01 PST 2004

I have found that if you just hit "g", it will report the correct disk
geometry and fix the problem without any further intervention. Ideally,
it would be better if this disk geometry bug gets fixed, but for the
time being, hitting "g" is a quick and dirty fix that works for most
people. I wouldn't just ignore the error message and install - I have
indeed messed up my disk geometry that way and had to spend some time
getting it back to the correct settings.

regards,
Robert