Postfix, amavisd-new, clamav, spamassasin

Gareth Bailey garethb at xiplan.com
Wed Mar 3 05:10:08 PST 2004

I believe Amavisd-new is a good interface for postfix and virus/spam scanners. I am not sure, however, whether amavisd-new comes with spamassasin or whether i need to install spamd from the freebsd ports collection.

I see there is a hook in the amavisd-new config file for hooking up to a virus scanner, but the spam section seems to just use spamassasin without me having to specify the program to run.

Is SA included in amavisd-new?

Thanks
Gareth