ipfilter tcp flags question

Shaun T. Erickson ste at ste-land.com
Mon Mar 1 15:15:42 PST 2004

Remko Lodder wrote:

> i do it like this:
>
>         block in log quick proto tcp all flags FUP
>         block in log quick proto tcp all flags SAFRU/SAFRU
>         block in log quick proto tcp all flags SF/SF
>         block in log quick proto tcp all flags SR/SR

I'll have to scratch my head over that one for a bit, before I
understand it, but I guess you're saying that the above 4 rules imply a
fifth in that if none were set, it couldn't get through them, right?

I really dislike implied rules, and avoid them if at all possible, as
they are hard to maintain. :) Is there no way to explicitly test for no
flags being set?

	-ste