Gnome installing Mozilla by default

Bruce Hunter freebsd at solisix.com
Wed Jun 30 18:40:02 PDT 2004

Hello,

When I install the Gnome port, it installs Mozilla 1.6 as default. I
guess Epiphany 1.2.6 uses it.

I have a few questions:

1) How do I get Epiphany to not use Mozilla and what performance hit
will I take for doing this, if any?

2) If Epiphany doesn't use mozilla, then what does it use?

3) Mozilla seems to be a system resource hog. At least this version that
is installed. I just need a browser that is fasssttt, doesn't mess up
the fonts, and is capable of viewing flash? I don't need all that other
stuff mozilla installs, such as, the email client, etc..

Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated.