Pulling measurements of system memory?

Danny Howard djh at servercentral.net
Wed Jun 30 05:50:49 PDT 2004

What's the easiest command to read to get good information on memory
usage?  I played with "/sbin/sysctl -n hw.physmem hw.usermem vm.kvm_size
vm.kvm_free" yesterday but I have the feeling that these are not the
numbers I think they are, because they add up wrong.

There's some pretty good stuff at the top of top, but I'd be happier
with output in raw numbers of bytes, to feed to my graphing program.
This would also save the trouble of reinterpreting M into * 1024^2.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Sincerely,
-danny

Danny Howard                                    djh at servercentral.net
Technical Support Manager                          (312)829-1111 x235
Server Central Network                   http://www.servercentral.net