Thunderbird and Postfix

MEZEI Tamas tamas at bazmag.hu
Wed Jun 30 01:56:43 PDT 2004

> cyrus? courier?) server? Could someone help or point me to documents
> that tells me how to set it up (a standalone IMAP server with no

www.postfix.org has some nice docs. Or, you could just use google and
search for the server of your needs. I used courier-imap, and it's
working nicely. UW-imap just sucks (performance and the mbox-way of
IMAP, not too cool ;)

Btw. if you're planning to *move* from mbox-stlye mailboxes to Maildir
boxes, don't forget to convert the users' mailboxes with mb2md.pl
(search google and follow the instructions).

I've heard about dovecot but just after I set courier up (that was a
5-minute procedure).

I think the normal-base-whatever-you-call-it procmail cannot do anything
with Maildirs. If I'm wrong, tell me.

Tamas