portsdb -Uu error

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Tue Jun 29 09:30:49 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 09:11 am, Anthony Edwards wrote:
> This looks to be a fairly straightforward error:
>
>   ---- begin error message ----
> fishcat# portsdb -Uu
> Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please
> wait..drweb_postfix-4.29.12f: "/usr/ports/security/drwebd"
> non-existent -- dependency list incomplete
> ===> security/drweb-postfix failed
> *** Error code 1
> 1 error

> Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
> version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
> have a complete and up-to-date ports collection (INDEX builds are
> not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections).  If
> so, then report the failure to ports at FreeBSD.org together with
> relevant details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD
> version, environment and /etc/make.conf settings).
>
> Stop in /usr/ports.
> failed to generate INDEX!
> portsdb: index generation error
>   ---- end error message ----
>
> bash-2.05b$ pwd
> /usr/ports/security
> bash-2.05b$ ls | more
> [...]
> dropbear
> drweb
> drweb-postfix
> drweb-qmail
> drweb-sendmail
> dsniff
> [...]
>
> As the portsdb -Uu error message states, /usr/ports/security/drwebd
> is non-existent (at least following a cvsup of the ports tree today,
> I am not sure if it was there before) and so the portsdb -Uu run
> fails with the error message shown above.
>
> My FreeBSD version is RELENG_4 (FreeBSD-STABLE).
>
> What is the fix for this please?  Waiting until a new cvsup corrects
> the error above, or...?

If you follow ports, I was told you also should also follow cvs-all. It
was fixed about an hour ago. So, it should have made it to your
favorite cvsup-mirror.

A faster fix is to edit the drweb_postfix make file and change the
drwebd entry on the PORTSDIR entry to just drweb.

Kent
--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA