Guide to x.org update?

Vulpes Velox v.velox at vvelox.net
Mon Jun 28 10:14:00 PDT 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:10:12 -0700 (PDT)
Your Name <bg271828 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'd like to upgrade to the x.org series from XFree86.
> Is there any simple guide to how to do this? There's
> nothing in /usr/ports/UPDATING. I see that some people
> have reported general success, but I'm worried that
> I'll miss something or forget about rebuilding
> something in the three days it'll take to rebuild
> every X dependent
> port on my system.

build xorg-server, deinstall it, reinstall, it use pkgdb -uF to fix :)

then repeat for what other xorg stuff you want :)

the pkgdb -uF is important... it will go through and update
/var/db/pkg so that all ports recognize using the new xlibs and don't
try to reinstall xfree86...

pkgdb is part of portupgrade