a quick mailing list question

Peter peter at hostmansion.com
Mon Jun 28 10:13:34 PDT 2004

I have the same problem !

Best regards,

Peter
----- Original Message -----
From: Chuck Swiger
To: Vulpes Velox
Cc: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: a quick mailing list question

Vulpes Velox wrote:
> I've been going though transfering all the freebsd mailing lists I've
> subscribe to over to one account... the small problem I ran into is
> this, I can send emails from this new account fine, but for some
> reason if I send something to a list, it does not appear to show up...
> I niether recieve it nor does it show up in the archive...

This message made it through.  I've seen mailing list lag of up to 48 hours
from time to time, so there may be some mail getting stuck on a queue for
whatever reasons.

> any ideas on what is happening?

No, although I'd wait a day or so and see whether the messages show up in
list
traffic, or whether you get a bounce.  Also, you might dig up a message-id
from your "Sent messages" mbox (if you keep them), and ask
<postmaster at freebsd.org> to look into the matter.  That's what postmasters
are
there for.  :-)

--