Guide to x.org update?

Your Name bg271828 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 09:31:51 PDT 2004

--- Chris <racerx at makeworld.com> wrote:
> On Monday 28 June 2004 11:10 am, Your Name wrote:
> > I'd like to upgrade to the x.org series from
> XFree86.
> > Is there any simple guide to how to do this?
> There's
> > nothing in /usr/ports/UPDATING. I see that some
> people
> > have reported general success, but I'm worried
> that
> > I'll miss something or forget about rebuilding
> > something in the three days it'll take to rebuild
> > every X dependent
> > port on my system.
> >
> > Jen
>
> Just update your ports tree, and run portupgrade to
> bring all your installed
> ports up to date.

I don't want to be thick, but what are the exact steps
involved in this? My installed ports are already up to
date, Id just want to rebuild the ones that depend on
some version of X. So I guess I'd first install the
xorg meta-port, then delete--what?, to make sure I get
all the XFree86 versions?--and then do what to rebuild
properly everything with depends?

Thanks. I will wait if there is going to be some easy
method in the future.

Jen