Using sendmail

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Sun Jun 27 05:49:48 PDT 2004

On 2004-06-25 10:12, antenneX <antennex at swbell.net> wrote:

> Giorgos: Thanks for your review of my setup & I did change the IP for
> server2 back to 200.200.200.102 -- however, now the emails go straight
> though the firewall port on server1 to sendmail on server2 and
> apparently bypasses sendmail on server1. If it bypasses sendmail on
> server1, I cannot use greylisting to filter the emails before being sent
> over to server2.
>
> I'm still missing something here.....

I'm afraid I haven't kept notes about your network setup, the name and
IP address of each server involved, and their Sendmail options.

Can you, please, show me what these commands print?

	server1# ifconfig -a
        server1# host server1.example.net
        server1# host server2.example.net
        server1# host -t mx example.net

	server2# ifconfig -a
        server2# host server1.example.net
        server2# host server2.example.net
        server2# host -t mx example.net

A detailed description (including verbatim copies of the relevant files)
of the Sendmail setup on each host would be very nice too.

- Giorgos