Updating source code manually

Sergey Zaharchenko doublef at tele-kom.ru
Sun Jun 27 02:35:17 PDT 2004

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 12:18:33PM +0300,
 Giorgos Keramidas probably wrote:
> On 2004-06-27 11:18, Sergey Zaharchenko <doublef at tele-kom.ru> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 12:26:20AM -0500, Jay Moore probably wrote:
> > > stupid newbie question: How do I view the source file with the
> > > patches merged?
> >
> > By running `make extract patch' in the port's directory, I presume.
>
> Just running `make patch' should be enough.  The dependencies will take
> care of running `make fetch', `make checksum', `make extract' and *then*
> `make patch'.
>
> - Giorgos

True, but being more `verbose' and giving a more self-explanatory
command sometimes helps to understand what it actually is going to do.

BTW I still forgot to mention what seemed obvious --- the patched source
will be in the working directory (/usr/ports/.../.../work if you didn't
change anything in make.conf).

--
DoubleF
Aquadextrous, adj.: