voodoo 2

Tom Parquette tparquet at twcny.rr.com
Sat Jun 26 15:52:29 PDT 2004

arden wrote:
> hi all
>
> I've been trying to re-use some old pcs i have kicking around i really
> amazed at how much you can do with a k6/2 400 if you tweak it right
>

> one of these pcs has an 16 meg voodoo 2 card is it possible to use the
> 3d functions of this card in bsd ?
>
> been looking around without much luck
>
> arden

I'm probably not answering the question you are asking ("...3d
functions...) but here are my two cents.

I have a VooDoo 3 3000 installed in the machine I'm writing this to you
on.  It's installed in a Tyan Tiger dual Athlon motherboard running
XFree86 4 and Gnome 2.6.  When the machine boots, I get 1 long and 3
short beeps (with a red screen) before POST starts.  This does not
appear to prevent the card from working for me.

For XFree86 mine runs at 1400x1050 at 24 bit depth.
I have no complaints.

I do not run graphics, other than Gnome 2.6 and its screen savers.
The graphics on the screen saver is good enough to make my wife jealous.

I don't know if this has helped or not.
Cheers...