Hardware Setup

3BSD assadbsd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 15:06:13 PDT 2004

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone is running FreeBSD on similar hardware:

Athlon XP 2500+ 333MHz FSB
ASUS A7N8X Delux  (NOT the E Delux)
nVidia GeForce 4 FX5200
74GB Western Digital 10,000 RPM SATA Raptor HD (OS+games HD)
200GB Western Digital 7200 RPM IDE (storage HD for songs and movies)
NIC (gigabit-E 3com) + Sound (soundstorm) built into the motherboard

I want to know if anyone is running a similar setup, and if there are
problems, what sort of problems. I know most all of that stuff is
supported in FreeBSD, but the last time I tried to boot to install
FreeBSD 5.2, it crashed at bootup, I don't know if the situation is
the same or not.

Looking to purge windows from my network once and for all.

-3BSD