Centrino - Made for Microsoft Windows XP?

jqdkf at army.com jqdkf at army.com
Sat Jun 26 02:23:17 PDT 2004

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 02:39:12PM +0800, Robert Storey wrote:
> I recently purchased a new laptop, an IBM X31 ThinkPad, which uses the Centrino processor. I had high expectations for this machine.
>
> Alas, my expectations have been shattered. All attempts at installing FreeBSD 5.2.1 quickly end with a crash. Interestingly, I have an old FBSD 4.8 CD - that installs fine. Lest anybody think my 5.2.1 CDR is bad, I went and downloaded it a second time, plus I also tried a network install. Failure every time.

My laptop is R40 with a centrino CPU. I bought it a year ago and began
to use FreeBSD-current until now. Centrino is not a problem, and I can
also use the wireless card with ndis module. I should say that 5.2 has a
lot of great features and can support more new devices, but it is still
not very stable. By the way, I didn't install 5.2 directly from CD, but
upgraded from a 5.1 disc.

--
Zeng Nan

Simple is Beautiful.