Building a Stable Secure FreeBSD Mail server

Joshua Lewis jmlewis at dslextreme.com
Sat Jun 26 01:07:15 PDT 2004

I have located what I feel is a very complete document on Building a
Stable Secure FreeBSD Mail server (That happens to be the name of the Doc
too. Go figure)

I am not sure what the age of this document is. In the document it reads:

"I like to change the default algorithm used when encrypting a user's
password to the blowfish algorithm, as it provides the highest security at
the greatest speed.

Is this an accurate statement? My current passwd_format is set to md5 and
I thought md5 was like "Da Bomb"(Ok white guy trying to be funny here).

I am still pretty new, so I don't know the difference between these
different algorithms. Any thoughts, comments, personal preferences (along
with an understandable explanation would be nice) are appreciated.

Thank you,
Joshua Lewis