Coping and Pasting from console

JJB Barbish3 at adelphia.net
Fri Jun 25 05:08:15 PDT 2004

Enabling USB 2 button mouse copy/paste function
ee /etc/rc.conf

Add these statements rc.conf

usbd_enable="YES"
allscreens_flags="-m on"     # -m enable mouse curser on

The /etc/usbd.conf file is where the USB 2 button mouse is specified
at.

ee /etc/usbd.conf

Scroll to the bottom of the file until you find this statement.

attach "/usr/sbin/moused -p /dev/${DEVNAME} -I
/var/run/moused.${DEVNAME}.pid"

You are going to change this line by adding the -m 2=3 option in
front of the -p option so it looks like this

attach "/usr/sbin/moused -m 2=3 -p /dev/${DEVNAME} -I
/var/run/moused.${DEVNAME}.pid"

Save the changed file and 'reboot' your system for your edit changes
to take effect.