two questions

Mark Teel mark at teel.ws
Thu Jun 24 20:26:29 PDT 2004

Here is a script I use to backup my linux system:

#!/bin/sh

MEDIUM=/mnt/dmzserv/share/mark/BACKUP/webserver

echo "Creating system backup on $MEDIUM as dmz2-sys-backup-<date>.tar.gz..."

tar -zcvpf $MEDIUM/dmz2-sys-backup-`date '+%d-%B-%Y'`.tar.gz \
    --directory / --exclude=mnt --exclude=proc --exclude=share .

echo "...done"

This creates a system backup starting in "/", excluding mnt, proc and
share, with the file name including the date.

MST