Enemy Territory

Miguel Mendez flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org
Thu Jun 24 01:59:18 PDT 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:15:37 +0200 (CEST)
Andreas Davour <ante at Update.UU.SE> wrote:

Hi,

[Enemy Territory run attempt]
> failed
> ----- CL_Shutdown -----
> RE_Shutdown( 1 )
> -----------------------
> ----- CL_Shutdown -----
> -----------------------
> Sys_Error: GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

> I know some X stuff have gone south due to my clumsy fingers, but
> libGL.so.1 *is* present. I did a 'ls /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1' and it
> was there. It even was present at /usr/compat/linux/lib/libGL.so.1
> when I checked.

> Any ideas on how to debug this problem? I there some other missing
> stuff that can cause this?

Ok, first, Enemy Territory is a Linux binary, and needs Linux libs, so
make sure all the needed Linux libs are there (libGL et al).

Now, I seem to remember that I had to specify the opengl library once to
get it to work (sorry, I don't have ET installed right now).

et should be a shell script that sets some variables and loads de real
thing. Now there's a parameter you can give to the real exe (something
like -r) to specify the full path for the opengl library. Try setting it
to /usr/compat/linux/libGL.so.1 and see if it finds it.

Cheers,
--
	Miguel Mendez <flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org>
	http://www.energyhq.es.eu.org