Sound on Dell laptop is messed up...

R. M. Los Ralph at boundariez.com
Wed Jun 23 21:32:30 PDT 2004

Hi,
  I've apparently got something wrong. I'm running a Dell Inspiron 8100
laptop, with XMMS for playing MP3's, and streaming audio.  Every 10 or
so seconds the audio has this 1-second "sieze"; the best I can explain
it is it's the sound when you're playing an MP3, and your CPU spikes to
100% and the sound goes all robotic... except that my processor is
usually normal (idle -> 70%) and nothing is out of the ordinary.

  What could be causing this? ... and more importantly, how do I fix
it???

Thanks,
Ralph
--
Mr. R M Los - Information Security Consultant
Ralph (at) boundariez (dot) com