route6d crashes (signal 10)

David Fuchs david at davidfuchs.ca
Wed Jun 23 10:07:51 PDT 2004

Hello,

	For some reason, route6d is crashing with signal 10:

/kernel: pid 142 (route6d), uid 0: exited on signal 10 (core dumped)

	I can reproduce this error simply by running rip6query against the
localhost.  This is the output I receive from route6d when I run it in
debug mode (-D) and query it with rip6query:

<initialization>
         RIP Request -- whole routing table
09:30:16: Send(lo0): info(3) to ::1.4328
     2001:470:1ef0:197::/64[1]
     2001:470:1ef0:ffff::c2/128[1]
     2001:470:1ef0:ffff::c3/128[1]
Bus error (core dumped)

	Also, I recently added entries to rc.conf to have the IPv6 routing
daemon start automatically.  However, it doesn't start unless I set the
ipv6_network_interfaces and exclude the 'faith0' device (otherwise this
device is autoconfigured by rc.network6).  If I don't do this, then
route6d crashes in the same way:

<initialization>
         RIP Request -- whole routing table
09:41:35: Send(faith0): info(3) to fe80:3::2e0:81ff:fe02:1455.521
     2001:470:1ef0:197::/64[1]
     2001:470:1ef0:ffff::c2/128[1]
     2001:470:1ef0:ffff::c3/128[1]
Bus error (core dumped)

	My parameters to route6d are '-n -Tgif0' (I have an IPv6 over IPv4
tunnel to Hurricane Electric).  I cvsup'ed last night and upgraded the
system today to 4.10-STABLE from 4.10-PRERELEASE to see if that would
help matters, but the crashes still occur.

	Any help is appreciated.  Please let me know if there is other
information I can provide that would be useful.

--
Thanks,
-David Fuchs