Soundcard woes (was: help!)

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Wed Jun 23 05:56:43 PDT 2004

> hey thanx man you was a big help.Can you help me with
> another thing.I am having problems with my sound card
> i have recompiled my kernel with pcm and the sound
> card is working ok but the sound quality is not
> good.

Don't know, I'm affraid. Perhaps manually assigning its interupt
(in the BIOS) helps. Have a look at `dmesg' and see whether there are
conflicts with other cards.

> my sound card is ES1938 can you tell me how can i
> get its drivers or how can i correct the sound card

No need to get drivers -- they come with FreeBSD (don't know about
commercial solutions and whether they are necessary, though).

In any case you will have to provide more information if you want
somebody to help you, e.g. a dmesg would be fine.

Simon