Problems with Kuser

epilogue at allstream.net epilogue at allstream.net
Tue Jun 22 18:34:08 PDT 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:17:34 -0500
"Douglas Korinke" <dbkorink at eagle.fgcu.edu> wrote:

> I am running FBSD 4.9 with KDE 3.1.2 on a Toshiba Satellite 2405-S221.
>
> Problem arose today when using kuser while under root and adding a user
> with the program.
>
> I shut down x windows system and kde and shutdown the laptop and returned
> to it later that night to find out my password for root was wrong, even
> my password for my non-root account was wrong.  The only user that I was
> able to log in under was the one I setup with kuser.

hello doug,

providing that you haven't set your console as 'insecure' in /etc/ttys,
i would probably start by booting into single user mode (section 21.4.4 of
handbook) and then resetting the passwords for root and your other user
(you're root in single user mode ;)

about the kuser problem, dunno. sorry.

good luck,
epi