FreeBSD 5.2.1 & OpenLDAP21-server won't start

David Snyder dlsnyder2 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 22 17:32:18 PDT 2004

Well, I finally figured out how to get it to work.  It installed the
script into:
/etc/rc.d
instead of where i thought it would be...
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/
and I had to put the following line in /etc/rc.conf
slapd_enable="YES"

But on boot... it was saying that it was having a problem with the
inetorgperson schema and then when I disabled that one, it said it had
a problem with openldap.schema saying it couldn't find AUDIO for
inetorgperson.schema and DISPLAYNAME for openldap.schema.

So I disabled  all but core.schema, misc.schema, and cosine.schema,
then I rebooted and it finally started up on boot.  And finally, the
slapd.pid and slapd.args were created in /var/run/openldap/.

But, to further address the problem... why would the script have a
problem with those two schemas?

-Dave