Question about HP drivers

Peter Risdon peter at circlesquared.com
Tue Jun 22 13:42:36 PDT 2004

I sent this off-list, but it would be better here.

Carlos Lizana (CH/CEC) wrote:
> FreeBSD 4.5
>

> Is the ethernet chipset listed as supported on freebsd.org?  What
> version of freebsd are you using?
>

> On Jun 22, 2004, at 12:38 PM, Carlos Lizana (CH/CEC) wrote:
>

>>Hi Folks, we have installed two FreeBSD, is been used as firewall, but
>>own equipment were upgraded and now have HP Compaq d530C/P2

It's probably a Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet PCI Adapter, and you
should be OK with FreeBSD 5.2.1

I gather this driver appeared with 5.1 so earlier releases will not
support it.

Out of interest, the first half-dozen results when you google for
*FreeBSD HP Compaq d530C/P2* reveal this.

Peter.