Firefox will not start after javaplugin install failed.

Andreas Davour ante at Update.UU.SE
Tue Jun 22 08:44:40 PDT 2004

Hi!

I stumbled upon a page that complained that I had to install a java plugin
to view the page. I do have a java jvm installed but din't think and
clicked the webpage and told it to install that Linux plugin, since it
would probably work better than the Windows one anyway.

Now, afterwards Firefox just wont start!

It says:
bash-2.05b$ firefox
firefox-bin: Fatal IO error 78 (Function not implemented) on X server
:0.0.
bash-2.05b$

Anyone know what that means? Is there one smart way I can fix what the
install have destroyed? I did a 'make deinstall; make reinstall' but it
didn't help.

/andreas