missing ports; portsdb problem

epilogue at allstream.net epilogue at allstream.net
Mon Jun 21 12:35:06 PDT 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:14:44 -0600
Kendall Gifford <jedi at infowest.com> wrote:

> Bill Sawyer wrote:
>
> > Jim,
> >
> > I had the same problem.  I think it was a tk port, if I recall
> > correctly.
> >
> > The only way I could fix it was to rm -drv /usr/ports & rm my refuse
> > file, then cvsup again.  After that, portsdb -Uu ran properly (though
> > it took forever).
> >

> I had the same problem recently since I was blocking all non-english
> ports in my refuse file. Just as was mentioned above, I removed it.

Jim,

You mentioned that you didn't have a refuse file.

You might want to double check that /usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup/refuse or
[other_default_base_specified_by_your_ports_supfile]/sup/refuse does
indeed not exist.

find / -name refuse -print    #also a handy way, providing your user has
the perms to read the dirs where refuse might be lurking.

> But, I didn't bother to remove my recently cvsup'ed ports collection
> (sans other lang). I just edited my refuse file to allow alternate
> lang ports back in and re-cvsup'ed. Afterward, my portsdb -uU also
> succeeded.

Yeah.  Something changed a couple of weeks ago.  This solution worked for
me too.

Good luck,
epi