LiveCD

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Mon Jun 21 10:55:52 PDT 2004

> On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 11:14, Remko Lodder wrote:
>
> > When i was at the supermarket there was a line 298, there was indeed an
> > error, well a pretty error, a nice young lady who was in the way, not
> > that i hated that but...
>
> Those pretty errors are always the most forgivable ones....
>

> > No really, where does that error occur? when starting up? after what
> > messages does it occur? What version are you running, when did you take
> > it of the site etc?
>
> cd /usr/local/livecd/ <Enter>
> ./livecd.sh <Enter>
> ./livecd.sh: 298: Syntax Error: "then" unexpected
>
> I've tried the livecd out of ports and off the project site with the
> same results.

Well, I would think the first thing to do would be to go and look
at line 298 in the /usr/local/livecd/livecd.sh script and see what
it looks like.   Maybe something got mangled when it was
downloaded on configured.    vi will do it nicely.

If there is some script flow control - sounds like there is, you might
have to work out how it got to that line in the script and why it
thinks it needs a then statement.

////jerry