Installing FreeBSD on Sparc Ultra II clone

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Jun 21 09:02:22 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 10:41:26AM -0500, Hank Allen wrote:
> I would like to get some info on installing FreeBSD by booting with floppies and using ftp to download on a Tatung machine. I'm not sure where to get the disk images. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Either here:

    ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/5.2.1-RELEASE/floppies/

or here:

    ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.10-RELEASE/floppies/

depending on which release you want to install.  Instructions are here:

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-pre.html

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way