How to start httpd and mysql automatic with FreeBSD start?

Jorn Argelo jorn at wcborstel.nl
Sun Jun 20 13:53:01 PDT 2004

Alex wrote:

>Hello to all,
>
>Plese say me how to correctly start httpd and mysqld with system
>sturtup... Where i need register it? (maybe in rc.conf or inet.d ?)
>And what i need to write in that file?
>Thanks!

If you have an init script installed in /usr/local/etc/rc.d, it should
be starting automatically. If you builded Apache from MySQL from the
ports tree, it should have installed an init script already.

You can try using rc.conf as well, but I'm not sure if that'll work or not:

httpd_enable="YES"
mysqld_enable="YES"

Do note that I've builded MySQL from the ports tree, and I didn't have
to add these lines to the rc.conf file because there were init scripts
located at /usr/local/etc/rc.d

Cheers,

Jorn