Fresh Installing FreeBSD 5.0 Release

Douglas Korinke dbkorink at eagle.fgcu.edu
Sun Jun 20 11:35:04 PDT 2004

I was currently getting help from a person for getting my wireless pc card
working on my laptop when we both came to the conclusion that my kernel
source had either not been installed, or was hiding very well.  I wasn't able
to get a hold of the original install cd so I used a 5.0 release from a
family members collection.

I attempted to remove 4.9 and cleanly install 5.0 onto the laptop but ran
into some interesting errors and it has put me in quite a bind.

The drive for which I'm wanting to install FreeBSD on has been whipped clean
but the 5.0 install cd hangs up when loading device drivers for the kernel.

At the moment I'm stuck on what to do myself, if there is a way to get the
drive formatted so that I can try a clean install of 5.0 that would be great,
but if not, 4.9 installed very cleanly.

Thanks,
Doug

ICQ : 26096369