New user questions :)

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Sun Jun 20 01:18:03 PDT 2004

Bill Moran wrote:
> Graham Bentley <gbentley at uk2.net> wrote:

[...]
>>I also wondered if there is a project based on FreeBSD that
>>achieves similar goals to SME Server (ie all in one LAN server
>>with Web config) or similar to Trustix (ie minimal config with
>>series of scripts to configure server services.
>

> Not that I know of, but it sure would be a nice project, huh?

definitely a nice one.

hmm...what would be the best way to go about it?
  - add an option to sysinstall "SME" (well, whatever that would be
named of course)
  - add a port that 'depends' / installs all the other ports needed
     - with questions and answer to start setting up your system...or
some kind of UI for it (ugh)
  - same as with ports, but prec-compiled packages.

hmm...must download SME to test and see how they went about it.

[...]