FreeBSD Wiki

Graham Bentley gbentley at uk2.net
Sat Jun 19 05:46:53 PDT 2004

Hi All,

I was just wondering something :-

I have used in the past Trustix Linux which has a nice Wiki
page http://doc.trustix.org/cgi-bin/trustixdoc.cgi?TrustixWiki

It includes some nice step by step configs for that distro
and I think its great that peeps can add there own info
and collaborate in this way.

I wrote the small part on Samba. (Ok its basic stuff but
usefull if you are starting out)

Whilst the mailing lists are great, searchable etc things
do get lost in time. Wouldnt it be great if there was a user
cookbook for commonly required tasks (how many times has
this list had the same questions asked :)

Examples:-

1) Installing PostNuke on 5.2.1
2) Serving anonymous FTP
3) Creating a LAN Mail Hub

Is there any such resource for FreeBSD ?

(I am guessing that there is more official documentation
but that this is less task / step orientated ?)

If not - fancy starting one ?? :))

I have only got ADSL and an old box but would be willing
to host it.

All you have to do is help me get the software up and running :))

g:o)