cvsup & make world

Mark Jayson Alvarez jay2xra at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 20:56:44 PDT 2004

--- John Lee <john at allservers.net> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I installed a clean 4.10-RC2 and CVSUP to the
> latest,
> while makeing world, I encountered this error
> and tried a few times but same error. Please advise.
> I'm using a P4 2.8Ghz 1U server system.

> cd /usr/src; MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/usr/obj/usr/src/i386
> DESTDIR=  INSTALL="sh
> /usr/src/tools/install.sh" make -f
> Makefile.inc1 -DBOOTSTRAPPING  -DNOHTML -DNOINFO
> -DNOMAN -DNOPIC -DNOPROFILE
>  -DNOSHARED  -DNO_WERROR bootstrap-tools
> echo "===> usr.bin/yacc";  cd /usr/src/usr.bin/yacc;
>  make
> DIRPRFX=usr.bin/yacc/ obj;  make
> DIRPRFX=usr.bin/yacc/ depend;  make
> DIRPRFX=usr.bin/yacc/ all;  make
> DIRPRFX=usr.bin/yacc/
> DESTDIR=/usr/obj/usr/src/i386 install
> ===> usr.bin/yacc
> cd: can't cd to /usr/src/usr.bin/yacc
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.

  I've been in this situation before and I tell ya' If
you ever use cvsup in making a whole new world, make
sure that you have the proper cvsup file, that is, If
you won't do extra tweekings with some other files,
then make sure that your cvsup file has an uncommented
line similar to this "src-all". This will fetch all
the necessary sources from the cvsup site you have
specified.

Mabuhay!
-jay

"Nyeaa!, What's up doc!!"