Redirection with a bridge ?

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Fri Jun 18 19:28:41 PDT 2004

I know its layer 3 ... my point is that FreeBSD's bridge supports IPFW,
and IPFW allows for some IP-related things ...filtering by source IP,
destination IP, etc. etc.  But in the man page for ipfw, it says that
the "forward" command in ipfw is not supported on layer 2 (bridging,
etc.).  So I was wondering if there was a way to forward specific IP
traffic without using NAT or routing (just strictly bridging).  Someone
on IRC mentioned that its possible, but would require a custom program....

Thanks,

-Matt