SSH / D-Link Router

Graham Bentley gbentley at uk2.net
Thu Jun 17 23:00:12 PDT 2004

> My problem is that ssh and telnet don't work.  I get as far as the
> Password prompt, I type it in, and then ssh freezes for a couple of
> minutes until it probably goes in timeout and gives up.

I came across this after a new installation. I googled about and
on some advice tried adding the remote IP to hosts on the server.

SSH then worked fine.

Funny thing is on the next install SSH worked straight away.

At install time theres a question (I answer yes to and then no) to do
with inetd. I cant say exactly but I am sure I answered that differently
last time even though I said yes to enabling the SSH deamon on both
occasions.