FreeBSD community - best ever !

Steve Bertrand iaccounts at ibctech.ca
Thu Jun 17 11:08:03 PDT 2004

> Sometimes I have received ridicule and criticism and
> condescending remarks for my inquisitiveness and
> sometimes stupid questions.

I found this to be true as well. Although most of the Linux community is
very kind as well, I found this type of "I know the answer to that, so you
should too" in some of their lists/groups.

> But as a new FreeBSD user I am amazed at the first
> off response and help I have had.

This is the same feeling I got when I started using FBSD at v4.5.

> Unbiased, polite, patient and informative.

...and many of the original people who were on the list when I came here
are still here, and just as kind and open to share their experiences and
offer knowledge they've aquired along the way as they were then.

> Hats off to FreeBSD supporters everywhere !

Yes, and hats off to the new users who make the change to FreeBSD, because
most of them I assume will be drawn in to lists like this and eventually
help with their knowledge they aquire due to the kind nature of the people
who help them out.

> Its a great community !!!

That's exactly what I feel this is... a community, of one person helping
out another, with patience and tolerance.

Just my $0.02

sb