newbie trouble - Internet connection

Michael Clark MClark at Nemschoff.com
Wed Jun 16 11:23:31 PDT 2004

Sounds like you just need to add dns servers to your /etc/resolv.conf
Your ISP should be able to give them to you.  Entries are just:

nameserver 123.123.123.132

ifconfig -a should have displayed your ip address.  That will
tell you if your dhcp is really working.

Michael Clark
Nemschoff Chairs Inc
mclark at nemschoff dot com
CompTIA A+, Network+, Server+, MCP
Voice: (920) 457 7726 x294
Fax:  (920) 453 6594

-----Original Message-----
From: jobse [mailto:jobse at tintin.kau.se]
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 12:45 PM
To: Michael Clark; freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Subject: RE: newbie trouble - Internet connection

Thanks for answering! I'm unable to
give you the whole thing 'cause FreeBSD is on the other partion.

//ifconfig
vr0:flags=...<UP,BROADCASTING,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
//some lines
Status active

plip0:flags=...<POINTTOPOINT,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> Mtu 1500

lo0:flags=...<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST>mtu 16384
//some lines

// rc.conf

hostname="proxenos.comhem.se"
ifconfig_vr0="DHCP"
linux_enable yes
mouse...
saver....
usbd....
rpcbind_enable="yes"

/jobse

ons 2004-06-16 klockan 18.45 skrev Michael Clark:
> Well, do an ifconfig -a and post it so that we have some more information.
> Please post your /etc/rc.conf as well
>
> Non of the ISP's I know of support anything other then Windows and Mac OS.

> But, we should be able to make it work!
>
> Michael Clark
> Nemschoff Chairs Inc
> mclark at nemschoff dot com
> CompTIA A+, Network+, Server+, MCP
> Voice: (920) 457 7726 x294

copied or disclosed. The contents of the transmission may also be subject to