How to make permanent in kernel

Tuc tuc at ttsg.com
Wed Jun 16 07:59:13 PDT 2004

Hi,

	I had a problem with my mouse, and found the answer here :

 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/x.html#PS2-X

	which says :

11.14. Why does my PS/2 mouse misbehave under X?

Your mouse and the mouse driver may have somewhat become out of synchronization.

In rare cases the driver may erroneously report synchronization problem and you may see the kernel message:

psmintr: out of sync (xxxx != yyyy)

and notice that your mouse does not work properly.

If this happens, disable the synchronization check code by setting the driver flags for the PS/2 mouse driver to 0x100. Enter UserConfig by giving the -c option at the boot prompt:

boot: -c

Then, in the UserConfig command line, type:

UserConfig> flags psm0 0x100
UserConfig> quit

	Which is great. The problem is, I don't want to keep doing this
every time I reboot. This is a FreeBSD 5 system. In 4 I knew how to
do it with "device          psm0    at atkbdc? irq 12", but now not sure
how do this in 5. I see something about a hints file, but not sure how
it plays in, if at all.

		Thanks, Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc.