Portsdb Update Error

Hans Lambermont hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Wed Jun 16 07:17:39 PDT 2004

Kris wrote:
> This is not supported; that's why the error message tells you ensure
> that you have a *complete* ports collection.

Then what is IGNORE_CATEGORIES in pkgtools.conf still used for ?

I have:
  IGNORE_CATEGORIES = [
       'chinese',
       'french',
       'german',
       'hebrew',
       'hungarian',
       'japanese',
       'korean',
       'polish',
       'portuguese',
       'russian',
       'ukrainian',
       'vietnamese',
  ]
in there for disk space reasons.

It hope it is possible to keep this functionality. I don't want to cvsup
all ports just to be able to do pkgdb -F, portsdb -Uu etc.

Hans
--
http://lambermont.webhop.org/ () ASCII-ribbon campaign against vCards,
                              /\ HTML-mail and proprietary formats.