FreeBSD Commands

Julian M. Mason jmason at cs.hmc.edu
Tue Jun 15 11:50:47 PDT 2004

This is generic unix, so it goes something like this:

cd <dir> takes you to a directory.

cp <source> <destination> copies a file from <source> to <destination>
mv <source> <destination> does the same, but moves it.

I recommend
<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/basics.html>
("UNIX Basics" in the handbook), and
<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/dirstructure.html>
in particular (tells you about the filesystem layout).

    --Mac