XFree and VIA chipset

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Tue Jun 15 00:58:20 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 09:20:06AM +0200, junkmail at sensewave.com wrote:
> I am trying to set up a windows manager on a EPIA Mini-ITX M6000
> board without any success.
>
> >From the manual:
> Chipset CLE266/VT8235 Graphics: VIA Castlerock AGP
>
> >From dmesg.boot:
> agp0: <VIA Generic host to PCI bridge> mem
> 0xd0000000-0xd7ffffff at device 0.0 on pci0
> pci1: <display, VGA> at device 0.0 (no driver
> attached)
> vga0: <Generic ISA VGA> at port 0x3c0-0x3df iomem
> 0xa0000-0xbffff on isa0
>
> http://www.xfree.org/current/via.4.html indicates
> that the via driver should support the CLE266
> chipset, but the via driver does not seem to be
> available for FreeBSD?
>
> Any hope?

The via driver is available only from XFree86 4.4 (or in the x.org
release.)  The XFree86 port in FreeBSD has not yet been updated to 4.4,
and the x.org ports are not quite finished yet.
In other words: No, the via driver is not available yet, but once the
X ports have been updated to the latest release it should work.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson
ertr1013 at student.uu.se