options tcp_drop_synfin and virtual hosts

dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Mon Jun 14 20:07:59 PDT 2004

Hello,
    Is there a doc that says what the tcp_drop_synfin option does and what
effect it has on webservers and why it should never be used on such? I've
got an apache install on a 5.2.1 box with two hosts, and am having a problem
that externalnections can only get to the primary site, while network
connections from inside the firewall can get to either site in question.
Also, an external connection instead of seeing the site address get the
address of the public IP. I've narrowed this down to two possibilities, he's
getting his dns from yahoo, and the tcp_drop_synfin option?
    Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.