web serving

Andras Kende andras at kende.com
Mon Jun 14 11:15:41 PDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Goodleaf, John
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 11:22 AM
To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Subject: OT: web serving

   Please reply to john at goodleaf.net
   So I have a FreeBSD server at home serving some web pages, mostly web
   mail (Apache). It's running on a DSL line behind a gateway that
   forwards port 80 requests to it. Now here's the problem. I need to
   serve also from an IIS .NET server (it's for my girlfriend; don't bug
   me). So my question: How do I serve some things from the IIS server
   and some from the BSD server?  Do I set up some kind of proxying?
   I'm sure there are three hundred solutions, but this is not something
   I've ever had to learn about. I'm willing to RTFM; I just want to be
   pointed in the right direction.
   Thanks,
   John

Hello,

You could probably do something like:

Forward port 80 to freebsd apache and set
A proxy from there to the IIS at 192.168.1.50

<Location /iis/>
ProxyPass http://192.168.1.50:80/
ProxyPassReverse http://192.168.1.50:80/
</Location>

This would work like www.yourserver.com/iis

But probably you could put inside a <virtualhost> too if needed...

Here in detail:
http://www.zope.org/Members/regebro/Zope_and_Apache

Best regards,

Andras Kende