submit mailq problem

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 08:59:15 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 08:43:34AM -0400, Brent Bailey wrote:

> Hello,
>  Im running sendmail 8.12.10 on FBSD 4.9rc2 ..in my logging im seeing the
> the following.
>

> Mail in submit queue:
>                 /var/spool/clientmqueue (7 requests)
> -----Q-ID----- --Size-- -----Q-Time-----
> ------------Sender/Recipient-----------
> hBEGdCCd042259 (Permission denied)
> hBEGOrsB042132 (Permission denied)
> hBEGbuqx042223 (Permission denied)
> hBC37xal019503 (Permission denied)
> i3LLEbjS011315 (Permission denied)
> i3PK0TYk070684 (Permission denied)
> i46GJqp4029781 (Permission denied)
>                 Total requests: 7
>

> is there a way to purge these emials from the submit queue ?
> Im familier with purging from the  mail queue but not from the submit queue
> Any help is greatly appreciated

Purging clientmqueue messages is just the same as purging messages out
of the regular mail queue.  You can just delete the queue and data
files out of /var/spool/clientmqueue, or you can force a client mqueue
run by:

    # /usr/sbin/sendmail -Ac -q -v

However, permission denied is a funny error: your
/var/spool/clientmqueue directory should be owned by smmsp:smmsp and
mode 770.  The sendmail binary (/usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail) should
be mode 2555, owner root:smmsp

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way