Default make.conf in FreeBSD 5.x?

Antoine Jacoutot ajacoutot at lphp.org
Mon Jun 14 03:37:02 PDT 2004

On Monday 14 June 2004 10:01, Andrew McLaren wrote:
> No, I read the man page :-)  I may be stupid, but I am not lazy :-))  The
> man page also helpfully says "This man page may occasionally be out of
> date" so, while it's a useful document, it is not necessarily the final
> arbiter of correctness.

I never said you were stupid nor lazy...

> What confused me was that /etc/default/make.conf had disappeared.

Well, the thing is I think make.conf disappeared from /etc/defaults because
there's no default defined for the system.
If you take /etc/defaults/rc.conf for exemple, you can see that cron is
enabled by default --> you can override this by setting it in /etc/rc.conf ;
but for make.conf, there's nothing defined, everything is commented by
default, so there's no overrides.